Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beogram 8000: Adjusting Horizontal Parallelism and Glueing the 3D Printed Plastic Tabs to the Carriage

The Beogram 8000 seems to like its new 3D printed plastic tabs that I implemented a few days ago. So I decided to epoxy them in place for long term stability. To be able to clamp them I needed to remove the tonearm carriage from the rail that I could turn it up to apply the clamps:

After applying epoxy to the remaining 'stumps' I clamped the new tabs in place:


After 5 min the epoxy had settled, and I took the opportunity to also adjust the horizontal tonearm parallelism. The adjustment screw can only be accessed from underneath the carriage, so this was the moment:

After adjustment the tonearm was at the same height as the sensor arm:

Lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!